Maximise the potential of your network with SD-WAN
Deploy applications without compromising on user experience or security, Experience SD-WAN with a demonstration from MLR Networks.
What is SD-WAN?
SD-WAN is a software-defined approach to managing the wide-area network, or WAN. It is an evolution of traditional WAN that offers a more agile networking approach for companies.
An SD-WAN uses a centralised control function to apply software-defined policies and business intent to WAN connections to securely and strategically direct traffic. This approach increases application performance, which results in an enhanced user experience, increased business productivity and reduced IT costs.
Why do companies need SD-WAN?
New business models are driving the need for a different network model.
The modern workforce is increasingly mobile and geographically disperse with business-critical applications increasingly accessed via the cloud. Traditional WAN architectures simply can’t keep up, because of lack of available bandwidth, limited security, and increased complexity. And with companies demanding IT agility to quickly respond to market trends and customer demands a new WAN model is required.
Benefits of SD-WAN?
At its most basic, SD-WAN provides centralised management, bandwidth management, increased cost control, and enhanced networking visibility. Core benefits include:
- Simplified management and the introduction of automation. As a centralised, cloud-delivered WAN architecture, SD-WAN makes it easy to scale across thousands of endpoints, whether they are in the branch, campus, or cloud. With SD-WAN it’s possible to centrally configure and push policy changes across the entire WAN from one user interface, eliminating the need for manual updates to each device.
- Optimised resources. SD-WAN can cut network management costs by reducing the need for manual intervention, providing greater troubleshooting capabilities and more intelligently using bandwidth.
- Enhanced user experience. User productivity is increased by optimising cloud and on-premises application performance with real-time analytics, visibility, and control.
- Increased security. Users, devices, and applications are protected by deploying embedded or cloud security faster with the best threat intelligence.
- Potential cost savings. Businesses can realise OpEx savings by replacing expensive MPLS services with more economical and flexible broadband.