About the role
Our business is focused on providing IT network solutions that extend the capability and performance of the modern-day business. As part of our growth strategy MLR would like to recruit a Project Manager to formalise and improve on its existing deployment processes.
You will be working within a multidisciplinary projects team with a range of clients across the UK/Europe. This is an exciting opportunity for a well organised individual to provide Network Installation and Project Management services to a range of new and existing customers who operate across a range of vertical markets.
A friendly open disposition is essential along with an ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and to tight deadlines. You will need to display an ability to work with non-technical staff and demonstrate excellent organisational (time/task management) skills. The ideal candidate will be totally customer focused, be a team player and willing to go the extra mile.
- Core responsibilities
- Perform a variety of Network & IT cabling related Project Management tasks within a mixture of environments, including but not limited to, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, telephony and fibre optics.
- Managing Projects around the UK/Europe at a variety of locations and establishments.
- Co-ordinating a team(s) of installation engineers on a number of ongoing projects at once.
- Work in accordance with MLR’s health and safety policies and statutory Health and Safety Legislation.
- Work to tight deadlines and complete tasks to meet both MLR and the client’s expectations.
- Provide timely, accurate and unambiguous updates/reporting for project activities.
- Produce a range of technical documentation related to work carried out.
- Provide assistance to in-house sales and service desk teams as necessary (sharing knowledge with them).
- Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing a team of engineers on a number of concurrent projects.
- Detail oriented, with a drive to always deliver a quality service.
- CSCS accredited (or equivalent).
- Reliable and good communicator building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team player, willing to go the extra mile for colleagues and customers.
- Flexibility of working hours and travelling are key requirement of this role.
How to apply
To apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org