Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
About the role
As part of its on-going development, we would like to recruit a Business Development Manager to manage some key accounts as well as developing new business relationships with new customers for MLR Networks.The Business Development Manager will be working within MLR Networks’ sales and marketing team, with a range of clients from various vertical markets, across the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated sales professional who is looking to build on their existing sales experience.This role will be primarily focused on creating opportunities and delivering new business around Cisco architecture products and our supporting professional services.
Responsibilities of the Job
- To target new business through the development of existing, legacy and new business relationships, to include direct prospect communication, leveraging partner relationships and participation in tender responses
- To achieve given commercial targets and KPI targets as necessary
- To create, work to and regularly review a sales strategy and business plan to achieve the required objectives
- To create, maintain and manage an accurate opportunity pipeline moving prospects through the sales cycle from ‘Discovery to Close’ within the CRM system
- To assess, understand and quote on new business opportunities
- To play a key part in educating the operational team of the scope and delivery requirements for your customer
- To lead customer meetings and presentations and create professional business proposals based on individual customer needs as required
- Take commercial responsibility throughout the delivery phase of won projects and communicate effectively with key stakeholders throughout
- Flexibility of working hours and travelling are key requirement of this role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a sales role focused on Cisco or equivalent architecture and professional services
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Cisco LAN, WLAN and IP based communication solutions or equivalent
- Full end-to-end understanding of IT networks
- Experience of preparing large multi-phase bids & tender returns
- Target oriented, with a drive to over achieve against set targets and KPI
- A reliable and strong communicator; building relationships with both clients and MLR Networks staff.
- Experience of executive level engagement
- A team player, willing to go the extra mile for colleagues and customers
- Experience of selling into both the public and private sectors
- Understanding of project delivery and large-scale projects
- Experience of contract negotiations
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who can think outside the box and develop new opportunities
- A good cultural fit for MLR Networks – someone who is used to working within a small but, expanding business
- A relationship builder who has the ability to gain the justified trust of customers and to close a deal.
- Results driven, and someone who demonstrates drive and determination
- The ability to organise yourself well, to set goals, to plan and execute the plan successfully.
- Punctuality, reliability and honesty in all your dealings with staff and customers.
Good written and spoken English. The ability to compose clear and effective communications
How to apply
To apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com