About the role
Our business is focused on providing IT network solutions that extend the capability and performance of the modern-day business. As part of our growth strategy MLR recruiting a Senior Engineer to formalise and enhance our existing deployment processes.
You will be working within a multidisciplinary operations team with a range of clients across the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a well organised individual to provide Network Installation services to a range of new and existing customers who operate across a range of vertical markets.
You are required to work on own initiative, unsupervised and to tight deadlines, both individually and as part of a team. You will need to display an ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Core responsibilities
- Carry out a variety of Network & IT cabling related installations within a mixture of environments, including but not limited to, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, telephony and fibre optics.
- Work to tight deadlines and ensure tasks are completed to meet both MLR and the client’s expectations.
- Work in accordance with MLR’s health and safety policies and statutory Health and Safety Legislation.
- Assume lead role if required on multi personnel installations.
- Preparation and understanding of site-specific Risk Assessments.
- Completion of all project related engineer’s documentation.
- Be point of contact and liaison with customer during installation.
- Supervise Engineers and Junior Engineers and monitor performance.
- Provide on the job training and guidance for Engineers and Junior Engineers.
- Carry out minor electrical installations, dependent upon qualifications.
- Carry out site survey visits as required.
- Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within the industry.
- Be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of network cabling and installations to a certain technical degree.
- Be able to work under pressure within tight timescales both individually and as part of a team.
- Reliable and good communicator building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to go the extra mile for colleagues and customers.
- Flexibility of working hours and travelling are key requirements of this role.
- CSCS accreditation (or equivalent).
- Full and valid UK driving licence.
How to apply
To apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com